EnglishCool – Medical English and OET Specialists
Here at EnglishCool we provide first class courses in Medical English. We focus on the knowledge, communication and skills needed to work and observe in an Australian medical environment. Our course is suitable for those registered medical doctors from non-English speaking backgrounds wishing to enhance their confidence in communication within a professional setting. It is also highly beneficial for those having undertaken or currently undertaking the OET to fully grasp the vocabulary used in common texts.
• Enhance your vocabulary and knowledge within a medical context
• Participate in role plays suitable to your specialty
• Build on your clinical communication skills
• Gain confidence with a wide range of practical scenarios
• Obtain inside knowledge of the Australian medical environment from first-hand expertise
• Be fully prepared to begin your placement
Our Medical English courses here at EnglishCool focus on any and every specialty from Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology to Orthopaedics and Gastroenterology. Whether you are a Physiotherapist or General Practitioner, you will benefit from choosing EnglishCool.
We also delve into theoretical and practical scenarios such as:
• Ethics in medicine
• Counselling patients and family members
• Educating patients and family members
• History taking
• Treatment plans
• Explaining diagnoses
In order to undertake our Medical English course you should have an intermediate to advanced level of English.
You should be sitting for or have passed the Occupational English Test (OET), or achieved an IELTS 6.5 or higher.
You should have a solid medical knowledge from which to build upon.